Hola! I'm Hector Mateo, a 3D Environment Artist currently working at Creative Assembly on Halo Wars 2. I previously worked at The Chinese Room on BAFTA nominated "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" for the PS4.
My passion lies within concepting and designing environments for videogames worlds and bringing them to life.
I received an N64 as a toddler and ever since then I've been playing videogames
of all sorts. Whilst growing up in Barcelona, Spain, I realised that I wanted to create
videogames as my professional career, and moved to the UK where I'm currently
working and living.
- World building
- Hard surface and organic design.
- Low poly modelling, efficient UV unwrapping and baking.
- Non destructive texturing workflow.
- Environment/Level design.
- Lighting environments, real-time and lightmap workflow.
- Maya/3DS MAX
- UE4 / CryEngine 3
- Quixel Suite, Substance
- Pencil & Paper